“The human body is not a thing or substance, given, but a continuous creation. The human body is an energy system which is never a complete structure; never static; is in perpetual inner self-construction and self-destruction; we destroy in order to make it new.” – Norman O. Brown
Every form of living organism has its own mechanism that allows itself to survive. Our body enables us to see, to hear, to touch, to smell, to taste and to grow. The only time when humans need external help to grow is when we are babies where we do not understand what it means to have those senses yet. After learning the fundamental movements, the human body continually changes on its own.
While networking, Dr. Ian Ahearn, a chiropractor, presented that if people lack movement and always stay stagnant, their muscles will deteriorate. If you keep doing the same type of movement like sitting around all day, you increase your risk of heart disease, diabetes, some form of cancer and even reduce the quality of your life.
According to Live Science, it is said that the human body is a very complex system composed of many parts. Some parts translate well to explain why websites should constantly grow and improve along with your business. The following is some of those comparisons:
- Skeletal system supports movement, production of blood cells and stores calcium. This makes up the skeleton mockups, ideas and structures planned. The stronger the bones or foundation of the website become, the better the performance and flexible actions can be built.
- Skin or integumentary system, is the largest organ in our body. It is also like the Front-end design and user interface of a website a visitor sees and interacts with.
- Nervous system is made up of the brain, the retina and the spinal cord that controls our actions and sends signals to different parts of the body. The brain holds our thoughts and memories. This is similar to the logic or control structure of a website’s Back-end system and its database. It is the parts that make your entire website functional and dynamic. Some features are kept while some are replaced by better techniques.
- Immune system acts like a defense against viruses and diseases. This is comparable to the security updates of your CMS or web software that helps maintain and prevent your website from getting viruses and spam.
- Circulatory and digestive system controls blood flow, food intake and removes bodily waste. This can be viewed as the contents which give a website its life and growth from external experiences and resources. Contents should be regularly added or removed depending on new topics learned.
- Respiratory system stores oxygen for breathing and our heart pumps blood throughout our body. The way contents are laid out and written in a website presents life, meaning and personality of the business and its owner.
- Muscular and reproductive system helps in movement, blood flow, bodily functions and reproduction. These are the SEO and social media parts that spread your contents to flow across the internet and shared to relevant viewers. SEO is the muscle that moves your contents along in the World Wide Web which in turn produces more customers for your business.
Life itself is a very complex system. Our body enables our movements and our brain controls our actions. Respectively, our actions reveal who we are and what we are capable of. If the brain is like a muscle, then the less you use it, the faster it will deteriorate.
To prevent our brain from deteriorating, everyone should continually learn something new and grow. Why? Because the world changes every day and nothing stays the same. If your website is static and does not change since there are no regular movements, what does that say about your capabilities? If your website does not reveal any form of change, how do you expect your customers to know if you are growing and getting better?
- Business Interview
- Design and Theming
- Web Development
- Content Copy and Migration
- Site Building
- Online Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization